Monday, January 25, 2010

Haiti:

The country that just had the big earthquake. I bet that is what all of you are thinking right now. That is not the only thing about Haiti that i think you need to know. Haiti is one of the many Canadian islands. This country hasn't had an earthquake in over 150 years almost. Haiti is not a good place to have an earthquake at. It is very poor,so their homes cannot hold up very well.

Their politics consist of a multi party system. Their executive branch is divided into two different parts. there is the president and the prime minister. Political corruption is a common problem in Haiti. To be honest their politics haven't been that great. The country is consistently ranked as one of the most corrupt nations according to the Corruption Perceptions Index.

The population in Haiti was 6780501 in July 1998. Now I am sure that it is lower due to the earthquake. The way that the people live here, is they kinda stack their houses together. So having a massive earthquake would defiantly effect them. I personally have a supporting child in Haiti. I have no idea where she is right now. When i heard about the earthquake i started to cry because i am so worried about her.

The scenery of Haiti is beautiful. Well it was until the disaster. This country consist of beautiful beaches,and mountains. Just looking at all the pictures before the earthquake it is beautiful. The people there are just very open. They just want someone to talk to right now. I would love to go with my church when they go, but my parents wont let me. Yes i know its dangerous, but its my passion so much to be a missionary.

The day before the earthquake the whole country was celebrating a voodoo holiday. So is that what the disaster is all about? I don't know,but that could be one reason i guess. The are tons and tons of people that are herting everyday in Haiti not just after the earthquake. That is the very first place that i want to go to when i go out over the world being a world wide missionary.

The belief of Haiti arnt in God, they are in the exact opposite. They believe mostly in voodooism. Right now i would especially love to go to Haiti. I wish that i already had my doctors degree. Then i could be over there right now help all those hert people. I really do care deeply about this country. Their politics stink,and the beliefs arnt right, but their people are so open to everything. I would love to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment