Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring Break

My Spring Break started when I got off our flight into Salt Lake city Utah. When we got there, we drove until we got to this place called Cedar City, Utah. The next morning, we woke up early, so we could get on the slopes before anyone else. That whole day was so much fun. We went snowboarding. There are three snowboard sizes, collar board, chin board, and nose board. I had a chin board. The fastest board is the nose board, because the longer the board the faster you go. Thank the Lord that I only sprained my shoulder. It could have been worse. I am so glad I didn't have the nose board, because I probably would have broken something. After snowboarding we left to go to “sin city”. We arrived there at night, so we got to see The Strip and it was cool. Why we were in Vegas we visited the Hoover Dam. We went on a dam tour there and it was cool. Also in vegas we saw the Blue Man Group. They were so amazing! After the show my dad got to play their pipes. After Vegas we went to the Grand Canyon. It was so huge, pictures still cannot completely give the jest of it all. The Grand Canyon really is Grand. It was scary though, because there were no bars to be found anywhere, it was just the edge. Then we made our way to Zion National Park. It was gigantic! When we got close to the bottom we went through a tunnel. This tunnel was really really dark. Probably the darkest tunnel i have ever been in. It was 1.1 miles long. At Zion there are so many different sites to see, and they have a shuttle to take you everywhere. The Mormons actually named all the different sites that we saw. The names of them were, Angels Landing,Abraham, Isaac,and Jacob, the three patriarchs, and The Great White Throne. All these names just stuck with them, so they were never changed. Lastly, we headed back to salt lake city. We went to see where the 2002 Winter Games were held. I got my picture taken in front of my favorite event, which is the Super Pipe. One of the big thrills of the trip was when we went to the Hill Air Force Base Museum. While we were looking at one of the planes( SR-71 blackbird), this older gentleman comes up to us. He turns out to be one of the few pilots that ever flew this plane. Then we went over to the side of the plane where they had a display case showing the suit they wore in the plane. Guess what! It was that gentlemen’s suit and picture! I met a legend that day! Well that was my last story for this year’s newspaper. I hope that you enjoyed all my articles. Peace out! (Mom)


No comments:

Post a Comment